Essential Job Functions:
Events & Promotions Duties
- Acts as the first point of contact with Chamber members and the community for Chamber events, professionally and enthusiastically representing the Chamber.
- Promptly books appropriate venues and responsibly negotiate fees.
- Calculates and monitors budgets and adjusts when necessary, notifying the President/CEO of any significant discrepancies.
- Timely prepares and sends event invitations and timely processes event registrations.
- Zealously promotes events through the creation of flyers, social media posts and various other forms of communication, working closely with the Business Development Manager.
- Professionally solicits value-based sponsorships of Chamber events.
- Attends events, arriving well in advance, and ensures that each event runs smoothly and as planned. Sometimes event attendance will involve coordination behind the scenes.
- Follows up events by sending appropriate expressions of appreciation to event partners and vendors.
- Analyzes event performance, reconciles event budget and identifies areas for improvements.
- Manages the creation and maintenance of the Event Calendar.
- Supports the President/CEO with special projects, workflow process improvements and supporting overall Chamber goals and objectives.
- Works cooperatively with all Chamber team members, eagerly providing assistance when needed.
- Provides a personable and friendly greeting and smile to everyone who enters the Chamber’s office and visitor center.
- Arrives to work on time every day as scheduled, unless otherwise authorized for time off or on job-protected leave.
- Assumes daily responsibilities of running the Chamber office (answering phones, mailing membership packages, filling requests, recording reservations, maintaining lists, etc.)
- Regularly manages supply inventory and timely approves supply requisitions.
- Efficiently maintains filing and organizational systems.
- Creates and distributes press releases, showing attention to detail.
- Timely updates the Chamber website with current events and notifications, creating enthusiasm and excitement.
Additional Job Functions:
- Assists with ribbon cutting ceremonies.
- Assists others in compiling the E-Newsletter.
- Serves on Chamber committees as designated by the President & CEO.
Other duties as assigned