PRESCOTT UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
COVID-19 Resource Navigator
10 Hours/Week; 300 hours total
Service Location: Prescott, AZ
September 2021 – July 2022
Organizational Purpose and Background
Prescott Unified School District (PUSD) is a public school district over 100 years old that is committed to “Every Child, Every Day.” PUSD provides the basic skills that every child needs to become a strong citizen, valued employee, entrepreneur or leader of tomorrow. These skills are developed and refined through a rigorous academic curriculum enhanced by music, arts, athletics, and extracurricular activities. In addition, PUSD provides special needs services, transportation, and food services.
The AmeriCorps state member will answer parent COVID-19 calls and provide resources to district parents. If the needs of the pandemic decline, they will assist with student success programs and provide resources to families within the district.
Project Focus Areas and Activities
- Training. The member will be trained on how to assist parents and families within the Prescott Unified School District and answer calls regarding COVID-19 testing, exposures, and community resources.
- Project Implementation. The member will answer calls from parents and families.
- Project Evaluation. The member will keep a close tally of populations served and identify trends that are needed to report to the district officials.
Requirements and Benefits
- 19 years or older, no upper age limit. All ages are welcome and encouraged to apply
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of educational and medical information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Internet-based communications
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team setting in a consistent, energetic, positive manner
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to be flexible and work well in a variety of situations
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to work with diverse community members
- Friendly and effective interpersonal skills
- Access to reliable transportation
AmeriCorps State Member Benefits
- Living Allowance - $2,823 - $141.15 bi-weekly
- $1,342 Segal Education Award upon successful completion of service hours
- Certificate in Civic Leadership and Service through Prescott College
- Team support and coaching
Arizona Serve of Prescott College is a proud participant in the Employers of National Service initiative. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Applications for AmeriCorps State Positions can be filed one of two ways:
The online application at arizonaserve.org
The PDF AmeriCorps State application is found HERE. This application is a fillable PDF file. Save and submit your completed application electronically to: [email protected]