Arizona Philharmonic Orchestra
Sustainability & Communications Specialist
10 Hours/Week; 300 hours total
Service Location: Prescott, AZ
Fall 2021 - Summer 2022
Organizational Purpose and Background
Arizona Philharmonic (AZ Phil) is a professional orchestra based in Prescott, Arizona. Their goal is to support and grow Prescott’s already vibrant music scene while strengthening/supporting the local community through education, workshop, job creation, drawing in tourists, and through entertainment.
AZ Phil is mostly volunteer-run and is focusing on building sustainability to streamline their processes and set the groundwork for employees in the coming years.
The AmeriCorps State Member will strengthen AZ Phil’s volunteer program and build a community amongst the volunteers. The member will also lead volunteers and day-of concert management. Finally, the member will work closely with board members to document and create procedures for key functions.
Project Focus Areas and Activities
- Program Development: The AmeriCorps member will evaluate current volunteer management practices and work to improve them by focusing on building a community, volunteer retention, volunteer management, and volunteer communications.
- Event Logistics & Promotions: The AmeriCorps member will be responsible for making sure concerts and small events run smoothly by managing all day-of-event logistics. This member will also assist in the promotion of events on social media as well as general promotions.
- Evaluation & Sustainability: The AmeriCorps members document and create procedures for major tasks, including volunteer management, needed for the success of the organization. Members will also help AZ Phil organize physical documents into a central location
Requirements and Benefits
- 17 or older required, 21 years or older preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Internet-based communications
- Knowledge of customer/donor/volunteer databases
- Knowledge of email and social media marketing (strongly preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to self-start and work independently and in a team setting in a consistent, energetic, positive manner
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to be flexible and work well in a variety of situations
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to work with diverse community members
- Friendly and effective interpersonal skills
- Access to reliable transportation
AmeriCorps State Member Benefits
- Living Allowance - $2,832 - $141.15
- $1,311 Segal Education Award upon successful completion of service hours (can be gifted to relatives for seniors)
- Members may earn a Certificate in Civic Leadership and Service through Prescott College
- Team support and coaching
Arizona Serve of Prescott College is a proud participant in the Employers of National Service initiative. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Applications for AmeriCorps State Positions can be filed one of two ways:
- The PDF AmeriCorps State application, found HERE. This application is a fillable PDF file. Save and submit your completed application electronically to: [email protected]