Position: Security Officer
Full or Part Time: Part-Time
Reports to: Security Supervisor
Starting Compensation: $12.15
This position is responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling, monitoring premises, inspecting buildings, equipment and access points; permitting entry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bag inspections and Security Checkpoints.
- Make quick, accurate observations, and exercise sound judgment. Must be willing and able to take decisive action, including calling for help, in a variety of circumstances, including emergency situations.
- Ensures compliance with security and safety policies of the building.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Complete reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintains the organization’s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Assist all other departments whenever possible. We want team players!
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Prefer a minimum of 1-year of experience in security, law enforcement, or military.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Must be able to work long, flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to stand for a long period of time.
- Must be a self-starter and possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to handle tough, high-pressure situations while remaining calm and professional.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license.
- First AID experience is preferred.
- Fluency in a second language is preferred but not required