Name: Yavapai Firewise
Part-time volunteer (up to 4 hours/month)
Salary: $0 volunteer position
Application Deadline: September 27, 2021
Yavapai Firewise is a volunteer non-profit organization.
Its purpose includes the following priorities:
identifying, prioritizing and guiding the management of wildland urban interface issues.
investing in the wildfire risk reduction (mitigation grant management)
assisting with Firewise mitigation in the wildland/urban interface
helping neighborhoods become Firewise-USA sites, and
promoting forest health in Yavapai County
We work in collaboration with members from Prescott National Forest, Bureau of Land
Management, Arizona Department of Forestry; Fire Management, Yavapai County Office of
Emergency Management, Central Arizona Fire and Medical Authority, Prescott Fire
Department, eleven other fire districts/departments, homeowner associations and private
citizens. We strive to share information, coordinate activities, and invest in wildfire risk
reduction. We do not work just in fire season, but throughout the year to reduce wildfire risk.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The treasurer works closely with the Yavapai Firewise Grant Coordinator and verifies checks
and account balances. Additionally, reviews monthly financial statements for presentation at
monthly Yavapai Firewise meetings (not expected to do the presenting of information).
1. Review and reconcile expenditures in register with bank statement monthly
2. Complete Treasurer's Report monthly
3. Prepare condensed monthly report for meeting presentation
4. Sign checks and grant submission documents as needed (once a week if possible)
5. Assist in gathering information for the accountant's completion of tax documents
1. Willing to donate time and energy (up to 4 hours per month)
2. Understanding of typical role of board treasurer (verifies accounting & balances)
3. Previous experience is not required. It may be helpful to have some familiarity with roles of
treasurer, accountant, or bookkeeper, but is not necessary (the role is small/limited and the
existing treasurer is willing to provide training).
Preferred Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications:
1. Willingness to learn and adapt.
2. Ability to engage in collaborative problem solving.
3. Computer skills: training will be provided. (we use MS-Word, MS-Excel, and QuickBooks)
4. Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to function as part of the collaborative team.
Send email to [email protected]. Or call Lois at 928-277-8032
Other contact information: Mail: PO Box 11085, Prescott, AZ 86304; Office: 1700 Iron Springs Rd