As part of the APS team, you are important to the success and future of our organization. You can be a part of a unique industry and work with us to provide reliable service, our community can count on us for safe, clean and reliable energy. APS, Arizona’s largest and longest-serving electric company, has announced a goal to deliver 100 percent clean, carbon-free electricity to customers by 2050. This is the boldest clean-energy goal of any Arizona electric company, and one of the most ambitious nationwide.
At APS, we believe in creating a workplace where belonging matters. Inclusion at APS, is embracing the perspective that each employee brings to work every day across our enterprise.
The Customer Project Associate assists or leads in the coordination and oversight of service-level and routine, less complex customer projects. Coordinate activity among numerous functional areas to meet critical objectives under pressing timelines. Assists in developing and monitoring comprehensive up-to-date work plans for all project work segments, including schedule milestones, expenditures as well as cash flow models.
- Bachelor's degree in Business,, or related field; OR Associate Degree in a related discipline with one (1) year related combined experience in design, construction project management or customer service; OR High School Diploma and 2 years related combined experience in design, construction project management, or customer service.
- Previous experience working in a "Customer-facing" role.
- Must successfully complete Customer Project Representative Training Program within eighteen (18) months of placement in position. CPM Battery Aptitude Test is required. A valid Arizona Driver's License is required.
Preferred Special Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications: Experience with customer interface, ability to adapt/respond to a variety of stakeholders, manage complaints, negotiation skills, and problem solving. Business, planning, and project management skills. Computer skills: Windows, Word Excel, CC&B, GIS, and work order management programs such as Maximo and Primavera. Proficiency in the application of PC skills and programs for data management and project scheduling as well as the analytical ability to evaluate the interdependent relationship of project variables. Basic electricity course and drafting/CAD experience. Successful completion of college Algebra. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills. May require Emergency response support for unusual or emergency situations, such as summer storms and/or other catastrophic events.
1) Perform as project representative for routine design projects (level 1 and 2 projects which typically include service level and larger scale requests including upgrades, relocations, conversions, maintenance, street lights, dusk to dawn lights, and new services). Plan, schedule, and coordinate all facets of the project from initiation through construction, energization and close out.
2) Perform planning, designing, scheduling, and coordinating all facets of the project from initiation through construction, energization, and close-out.
3) Identify the best source of APS power, the most cost-effective design, the usability of existing equipment based on load analysis and voltage drop calculations, and the adherence to required specifications.
4) Effectively interface with customers/developers and internal departments to assess their needs, determine the scope of the project, obtain plans/maps/drawings, and make decisions regarding the design and installation of APS facilities.
5) Determine the need to obtain easements from property owners and permits from municipal authorities; process through APS right of way to obtain required easement and permit documents; and design the project.
6) Prepare work authorizations (WA) and job estimates. Determine and communicate customer charges required in advance of construction in accordance with APS' extension policy. Prepare and present invoices to customers and manage scheduling to ensure money collected prior to releasing jobs to crews.
7) Conduct inspections during installation of customer electric service facilities to ensure compliance with APS and safety code requirements. Provide instruction to customers/contractors to ensure hassle-free service.
8) Update related project management and customer information databases and close out the project upon completion.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Pinnacle West") maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This policy of nondiscrimination shall include, but not be limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, compensating, reassigning, demoting, transferring, laying off, recalling, terminating employment, and training for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other classification or characteristic protected by law. For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to EEO is the Law poster. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of every person hired to work in the United States, refer to E-Verify poster.
View the employee rights and responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Arizona Public Service is a smoke free workplace.
Tests are only administered to referred candidates. More information about our tests and the testing process is available through www.aps.com/careers and then clicking on the link for "Pre-employment Testing".
- A test using a computer with keyboard will be administered. CPMB - Customer Project Manager Battery
E-mail will be the method of contact with job applicants for test scheduling. Please be sure to check your e-mail regularly so that you receive scheduling notifications for testing and updated job information.
Click the Link to Apply: Apply Here